Nearing the end of the school year, previous posts have shown my mood has undulated but now I am back in a positive place and actually don’t really want my first year in post to finish in someways. What has brought me back to the mood I should be in;
– open discussion with SLT in curriculum decisions in school
– judging over 50 entries in our inaugural John Muir Award competitions for Art, Photography and Originality
– sending off for completion certificates for pupils who have done an extra 8 to 10 hours of work this term outside lessons. Also the awards for the three core staff involved.
– presenting at PedagooLondon last Saturday and meeting friends new and old
– attending a local Global Learning Project hub meeting to look more carefully at how we educate about global issues in my current school
– signing up to a pan European project through an Italian contact I first made three years ago on Twitter
– taking pupils out and discussing how they want to lead on improving our school pond area and linked discussion with one of our science technicians along the same lines
– positive feedback from ex year 11s on how my teaching was for them this year
– positive feedback from other year groups that I am not moving on to a new post
– three approaches from LinkedIn to see if I am interested in posts and glad to be in a place where I don’t need to take them up on it.
– the school prom…and a night of dancing … Great time and many happy memories.
All good reasons – how is your end of term going?