The month of September seems to be disappearing rapidly. So why no blogging? I seem to be busier than ever and the first few weeks of term have been very busy:
Promethean Advocate application
– through Twitter I heard about this recruitment for keen Promethean users. I left it to close to the deadline, then submitted my case and current teaching examples that show I use my IWB and not an idealised example.
– the result – tell you when I know.
– invited to join a group of ICT keenies at a local pub on a Sunday evening for informal chat. It was great and now glad that although cool in the pub garden it was dry compared to this week. Lots of topics discussed including local proposed Teachmeets.
– another invite, this time to meet a local head teacher and a fellow tweep. The idea to propose an Essex teachmeet. We met on Monday 17/9/12. Now, just 6 days later, we have 19 presenters (/20) signed up and over half of our 100 tickets booked. The pace has been amazing and the calibre of colleagues we have drawn in promises a great evening.
– a new term, a shift from setting to mixed ability teaching. Group work and peer support has started well alongside the new school NU HOPE expectation strategy. Literacy emphasis in marking is starting to bear some fruition.
– delivering IWB training to staff in-house. From beginners to experienced users seeking new tools like Tickertapes and timer tools.
Team building trip
– standing in for an absent colleague to lead 129 year 7s up the hill to a fun packed day of shelter building.
New clubs (not for MrWilshaw’s benefit but our students and mine)
– Digital Leaders issued with new laminated badges and lanyards. DLs also. Received their school leadership house ties. A matched training session so now we have 11 pupils with IWB training basics to support. New blood already appearing.
– ICT club – lets make more use of your links says Line manager- somehow I end up leading new ICT club- Scratch discovery session on Thursday was good.
– Rowing club – new termly meeting with London Youth Rowing and our aspirations for NJIRC in March 2013, new members and a club total of 2,000,000m plus by the end of July 2013.
…. So those have been “some” of the things I’ve been up to, so many points to expand on in future posts. All feedback gratefully received on here or @aknill on Twitter.